Saturday, June 10, 2017

June 10th, 2017

I'm officially a freshman. It's a lot to take in, honestly. Kinda crazy, to be honest. I wish I could turn back the clock and be a little kid again, naive but knowing what I want for myself in my future. Back when I was Madison McCraw, the girl who wanted to be an author. The girl who only faintly struggled with her family. The girl who didn't even know what mental disorders were. The girl who could talk the head off of anyone she met. The girl who had a lust for life.

But  I'm not that girl anymore. I don't even know what I am, to be honest. But that's okay; I have all the time in the world. I don't have to go to college. I don't have to work at  Roth's or McDonald's or something like that. I can do whatever I please. I make my own choices. It's my choice where I want to go in life.

I've been struggling with being happy lately. My parents have been at me for the past while, yelling at me for pretty much everything. On a daily basis when they call me to the main room and I say, "What?" in the wrong way they'll scold me for it. If I don't smile at least a few times a day they'll criticize me for it.

But I'm fighting it all. I'm graduating in three years, now. I'll be okay. I can make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment